10 Tips When Pitching the
1. Target your pitch to appropriate
publications and programs only
2. Target your pitch to the correct
reporters, editors and producers..
3. Do some research: read, watch or
listen to the media outlet BEFORE you pitch.
4. Ask the reporters if they are on
deadline when you call if so, call back later.
5. When you send emails, make them
brief and interesting.
6. Don't send attachments unless requested.
7. When a reporter has a specific contact
preference (email, fax or call), don't ignore it.
8. Make sure your company Web site
has an accurate, complete press center for follow-up research..
9. Offer an exclusive story to one
key media outlet if the news warrants it but just one at
10. Plan your pitch before you call,
but don't script it or read it it will sound canned.
this page to a friend / Tell
us your comments